Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dinner - Car Camping - Hobo Stew

Contributed by my friend Autumn on Facebook - Thanks Autumn! :-) It sounds great!

If anyone makes this recipe, feel free to email me the photo so I can post it here!

"Ok...so you take a large piece of aluminum foil and spread it out on a table.
First put a large slice of onion down.
A tab of butter or some oil.
Then a hamburger patty seasoned with favorite seasonings
Add thin sliced potatoes, mushrooms, peppers, or what ever you like for vegetables.
Top with more seasonings and a tab of butter or some oil.
Seal the foil around the pile of food and place over coals on rack or rock near coals or on grill. Cook for approx 20-30 min...until all veggies are tender and meat is cooked.My husband and I have cooked this on our BBQ for a quick dinner too!
Have a great day!!
~Autumn"

GF note - Please make sure that the hamburger is gluten-free
Variations? Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment